Name of Project:
Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (MBOCWW)
BKC Bandra, Mumbai- 400051
Workers Facilitation centers at 42 locations of Maharashtra including Head office at BKC, Bandra.
The Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board, Mumbai deals with welfare of various types of Construction Workers in Maharashtra. There are several schemes for welfare and benefit of Construction Workers which can be availed by a registered Construction Worker. A major challenge faced is that the Construction Workers are not aware about the registration process and many a times cannot afford to take out a day and visit the office of the GLO for completing registrations. Sometimes large numbers of Construction Workers gather at GLO office for registration, however due to lack of Infrastructure and IT system the registration cannot be managed efficiently.
Hence the Board has decided to proactively go to the Construction site and get data for Construction Worker registration. It is equally important to have a strong field support mechanism to enroll the Construction Workers and create awareness among them. A Construction Worker has to get registered with the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board and renew the registration annually to avail the benefits of welfare schemes. The construction worker has to apply for the registration with GLO. On completing the registration, the Construction Worker can apply for applicable benefits under welfare scheme and benefits are disbursed after approval of the claim by the GLO. The Building and Other Construction Worker Welfare Board is intensely involved in registration of state labors that are dispersed in various locations in Maharashtra state.
The Board has envisaged a strategic plan to enhance labour registration & labour welfare services.
- Supply, Delivery and Setting up of the Fully furnished Worker Facilitation Centre (District and Regional Level)
- Automation of the MBOCWW Board Workflow Management
The broad objectives of this project are:
- Leverage tools of Information & Communication Technology to enhance accountability and speed up service delivery mechanism.
- Do away with current approach of working in silos and having separate service delivery channels.
- Provide comfort to workers and enhance their productivity by reducing the travel time required to avail services
- Minimize monetary loss to the workers in the form of loss of wages, opportunity cost, transportation cost etc.
- Optimization of manpower and resources engaged in service delivery mechanism.
- Provide efficient and cost-effective methods of service delivery to MBCOWW board.
- Enable the MBOWW board to focus on its core functions and responsibilities by freeing them from the routine operations and thereby enhance the overall productivity of the administrative machinery.
- Bring uniformity across State in service delivery mechanism.
In line with above, the MBOCWW board intends to bring in a paradigm shift that would redefine the contours of service delivery mechanism in the State for decades to come. Given the magnitude of the project, it is imperative to lay down the following desired outcomes of this project, but not limited to:
- Reduction in lead time involved in registration / renewal of the beneficiaries.
- Strategically located Worker Facilitation Centers.
- One stop shop to avail the entire gamut of worker services of MBOCWW board under one roof.
SITE LOCATIONS – REGIONAL & DISCTRICT SITES
|North Mumbai- Vikhroli
|South Mumbai- Worli
|Raigad – Khandeshwar
|Mumbai Head Office
|Mumbai city OR North Mumbai OR South Mumbai – Lower parel
|Name of work
|Workers Facilitation centers at 42 locations of Maharashtra including Head office at BKC, Bandra
Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board
|Project Management Consultant
|M/s Acotech Consultant Pvt. Ltd
|Work Order no.
|PAO- No.CL/MBOCWW/Architecture Consultancy service/2019/1000
Dated: 6th June, 2019.
|M/s Technocraft Associates.
|PAO-Nos./MBOCWW/2019/453 dated 08.03.2019
|Total Project cost
|The Estimated cost of the work is Rs. 23,03,00,000 /- (Without GST)
|Rs. 24,84,91,888.28 /- (Without GST)
|Date of commencement
|Schedule of Completion
5 Years & 4 Month after commencement of work i.e., 08.03.2019.
|Defect Liability Period
|5 Years & 4 Month
|Regional office (Approx. 1500 Sq.Ft.) & District office (Approx. 1200 Sq.Ft.) = Total 42 Nos. sites
|Scope of work
|Development of registration offices at different locations in Maharashtra
SCOPE OF WORK
- On-Site Survey
- Review & Approval of Drawings /Data submitted by selected Agency/MBOCWW Board
- Site Supervision
- Construction Management & supervision
- Site material management activities shall include:
- Site Inspection activities
- Final Documentation/ As Built Drawings/ Documents
- Other Responsibility
- Attending meetings called by MBOCWW Board across Maharashtra
- Checking and certification of invoices/bills submitted by selected agency against milestone activities to MBOCWW Board for payment to selected agency.
- Review of contract documents and all other documents related to various statutory approvals/ clearances, if any.
- Providing all required services and assistance for replying to the queries of concerned Government Departments/ statutory bodies and agencies on the progress and any other aspect related to the project for a period of 24 months from completion of the project.
- Providing consultancy services during Defect Liability Period of 1 year
- Provide necessary back up / technical assistance for co-ordination with external agencies
- To ensure contractors carry out their activities in accordance with the safety plan throughout the course of the construction of the project.
- Final documentation as per procedure
- Contract closure of Selected Agency contract
- Category: Interior
- Client: Workers Facilitation centers
- Location: Maharashtra